The mission, this June 12, is to actively work to meet Goal 8 of the Sustainable Development Goals, which is based on the protection of labor rights, the promotion of a safe and risk-free work environment and prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labor.
The proposed strategy is divided into two sections:
- For children under 18 years of age:
Its main objective is to ensure that children do not have access to work and, therefore, this activity can be eliminated. In this way, they can access education and have better opportunities in the future.
Also, the main objective of the program is the early eradication of hazardous work in minors and the reduction of child labor for children between 5 and 11 years, since it has been increasing since 2012
- For young people from 18 to 24 years old:
It seeks to guarantee their right to choose decent work and avoid high-risk tasks. In addition, aims to promote a culture of prevention so that young people can identify where they run great risks and thus avoid negative consequences.
To ensure that they are able to prevent hazards, the program emphasizes the following points:
- Should be received information about the Occupational Health and Safety System with respect to the tasks assigned to them.
- Should be received appropriate training to carry out the work and be supervised by qualified personnel.
- The right to reject works that threaten health and integrity should be guaranteed.